OK, so here I sit as a MOTHER OF 3!!! OMG!! How did this happen and where did the time go? It seems just like yesterday when Terry and I found out that we were having Hunter. Now here I am 7 1/2 years later as a mommy to 3. WOW!!
Another weirdo question I seem to be asking myself a lot lately is, "WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO????" That question came up a lot between 9pm last night and 1 or 2 am this morning, while Zoe was screaming her pretty little head off. She is a clingy, cuddle baby and she has Reflux disease so, she was pissed off and determined that she was going to prove to Mommy and Daddy that she was BOSS and we needed to hop to. What did she want you may ask? Her swing. It's the only place she will sleep other Mommy's arms, so I caved. I brought the swing in the bedroom, locked her in, and turned it on and VOILA!! Peace, at last.
I've come to the conclusion that the normal, everyday activities are much harder with 3 than it was with 2. They out number us now. So no matter what, there is always one vying for our attention, while we are super busy with the other 2. The hardest thing is getting me and all 3 of them out the door in a timely manner without loosing my temper. I'm always bonkers by the time I get out to the van.
That's another area of my discontent. Minivans were designed with families in mind, right? Well, how the hell are you supposed to get 3 kids into the van when 2 are in car seats? Poor Hunter has to squeeze himself past the girls' car seats and then into the back seat. You'd think that those "brilliant" car designers would think of a better way for you to be able to get into the 3rd row seat? I mean these people have figured out Rear DVD, Navigation, adjustable pedals, power lift gates, remote entry and they can't come up with a design that will allow a person to enter & exit the rear seat without having to remove the car seats or killing themselves? The biggest problem with this is the nights we have football practice. Hunter, his pads and helmet all in the backseat and trying to squeeze out.
Speaking of Hunter, he has started school and is doing VERY well. He has also started pad football this year. He's playing on the 3rd and 4th grade team. He's doing really well. He's the youngest on the team, he wasn't supposed to move up until the 3rd grade, but they let him move up as a 2nd grader. The only problem I see him or any of the other 3rd graders have is that they aren't aggressive enough. It looks like they are hugging the tackling dummy instead of hitting it. Of course, Terry is helping coach along with our friend Bobby. I'm sure that Terry, Bobby and the head coach Gene will whip them into shape soon. His first game is the 8th.
Emily is doing well, also. She is growing so much. We didn't realize what a big girl she had become until Zoe arrived. It's like she tripled in size after looking at Zoe. She's a great big sister. She hates when Zoe cries. She cries right along with her. She is scheduled for Preschool evaluation in late September. She's been asking to go to school for weeks now. I want her to get in so badly. Hunter had such a great jump on Kindergarten due to going to the learning center/daycare when he was her age and I so want her to have the same jump that Hunter had. So wish us luck.
Like I said earlier, Zoe has GERD, which is reflux disease. We go tomorrow morning for her Upper GI. I'm praying hard that I caught the signs early and she has no lasting damage to her stomach and esophagus. We've already had a baby gram done and that showed no blockages, which relieved a little of the worry. So, if everyone could help me pray that this goes well, I'd appreciate it.
Terry and I are doing well. He's STILL trying to get a zone managers job around Greenup, so that we can move closer to the family. The kiddos love Mamaw Nancy, DeeDa & Papaw Bill so much and I want the kids to get as much time with them as possible. I've been contracting with a telemarketing firm part time taking inbound customer care/sales calls. The company is switching from independent contractors to employees, but it depends on the area, so I've got my fingers crossed and I'm praying hard that I'm being converted too! I've gotten used to working a little and would hate to loose it now. I LOVE staying home with the kids, but really like that I can help out with bills and have something that's part of me and my identity outside of being a MOM!!
Ok, I've rambled on and on, so if you've made it this far, KUDOS to you!! If you're in Morehead, stop by and see us.
Before You Decorate for Fall
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment