As August comes to a close it's time to reflect on yet another Hurst summer. We've had a busy one that's for certain and the Fall is looking to be even busier, but we are all excited in our own special way for we each have dreams of what Autumn will bring us.
June brought us to tears when Zoe started walking, but also brought on our family vacation. We went to Cincy and visited Cincinnatti Zoo, Newport Aquarium, Kings Island, Great American Ballpark and Duke Energy Museum Center. Nancy went along with us and we really did have a blast. (So, this doesn't get turned into a novel I'll be posting those pics in a separate post.)
July brought the end of city league little league, but began our sorjourn into tournament baseball. Man was that a trip. I've never in my life spent so much time at the ball park and I PLAYED BALL!! LOL!! Sleeping in and spending a relaxing day at home was a thing of the past.
July also brought us to the close of Miss Zoe's first year. It was such a bittersweet moment watching her turn 1. She is truly a toddler now. She's climbing everything, talking like a magpie and is truly her own little person. She's a firecracker and has a temper to match.
August brought back Back 2 School shopping, football practice and a reminder that the summer was slowly ending, but new opportunities were right around the corner. Hunter started football practice and school in the middle of August. Emily just went back to school this past Wednesday. She starts soccer this Tuesday and is extremely excited to not be on the sidelines cheering on Hunter any longer.
As summer ends, it always amazes me how we managed to survive, but we did and now as Fall creeps up on us, my calendar is getting even more full and I'm sure I'll be quite frazzled soon, but that's the story of my life and I LOVE IT!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment